One of the chief considerations for the master bathroom layout is the size and location of the tub and shower. Design Ideas for a mid-sized contemporary master bathroom with furniture like cabinets dark wood cabinets a double shower orange tile mosaic tile grey walls porcelain floors an under-mount sink engineered quartz benchtops grey floor a hinged shower door and white benchtops.
Design considerations for a disabled bathroom include
- Doors should preferably be outward opening and are fitted with a horizontal closing bar fixed to the inside face.
- The bath should be provided with a transfer seat, 400mm deep, and equal to the width of the bath.
- An emergency assistance alarm system should be reachable from the bath or the floor.
- Blue color contrasting grab rails should be installed against white background walls for the visually impaired.
- The correct number, size, and positioning of grab rails should be installed within the room.