What is gabion?
Gabion is a welded wire cage or box filled with materials such as stone, concrete, sand, or soil. So, the gabion is a partially flexible block construction used for slope stability and erosion protection in construction. Various types of gabions are constructed and used in different engineering constructions. Sometimes, live rooting branches may be placed between the rock-filled baskets which improves the durability and stability of the gabion.
Installation Tips of Gabion Mattress
When you purchase the gabion mattress and transport them to your construction sites, you may puzzle how to assemble them and place them into suitable places. Here are the installation tips and warming tips for placing a gabion mattress. Just browse them and start your projects.
As we all know, the gabion mattress is composed of a gabion mattress, lid, and lacing wire. For easy transporting and save space, the gabion mattress and lids are folded in bundles separately and the lacing wires are packed in rolls. Equipped all the materials and the installation start.
- Unfold the gabion mattress on flat, hard ground.
- Lift the two long sides and two ends of the gabion mattress.
- Lift upright the cells in the gabion mattress and secure them in position.
- Attach all the internal diaphragms to the sides and fasten them with lacing wire.
- Place the gabion mattress in suitable positions and waiting for filling with stones.
- Filling the stones into the cells until all the cells are enough.
- Cover the lids and ensure the lids are tied and fastened to the gabion mattress firmly and securely.
If you use the gabion mattress on slopes, you should fill the stones into the cells from the bottom to ensure the stability of the construction.
Mattress placement in different applications
You should place the gabion mattress in the proper position for stability and prevent movement of the gabion mattress. In different applications, the position of the gabion mattress is different.
If you place the gabion mattress on slopes, the internal diaphragms of gabion mattresses should be placed at right angles to the direction of the slope.
If you apply the gabion mattress in riverbank applications. You should ensure the internal diaphragms of gabion mattresses are placed at the right angle to the direction flow.