What is a staircase?
A staircase is defined as a set of steps from one floor to another floor or a combination of the riser and treads to make easy transportation from one floor to another floor in a building.
Requirements of good stairs
- Width of Stair: It should not be less than 1m.
- Length of flight: The number of steps in a single flight should not be more than 12 and should not be less than 3 steps
- Pitch (Slope) of the stair: It should be between 25 ° to 40 °
- Width of landing: The width of the landing should be always greater than the width of a stair.
- Winders or kite steps: To build a safe and easy staircase, winders should be avoided, but if necessary, they may be provided at the lower end of the flight.