Drone System is also called as UAV (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle). Mainly drone is a flying robot that can be remotely configured or run on the basis via the software application controlled flight plans in their embedded system working in conjunction with onboard sensors and GPS. Drone technology is one of the best inventions of this time. It has not only changed the ways we do business but has also created an enabling environment to ensure that time and resources are saved in the daily business engagements. The UAV which Expands to Unmanned Aerial Vehicle is the technological named as “Drone”. The Drone or UAV mainly consists of two parts are control system and the UAV itself.
Types of Drone or UAV System
This system comes in a very wide range of shapes, sizes, and Functions. Drones basically are categorized into two divisions:
• MQ- Reaper, A hunter-killer surveillance UAV. They are usually developed for military operations and Special purposes.
• DJI Phantom UAV for commercial and recreational aerial photography
• While some other types are Micro –UAV
• Biomimetic UAV
• Blimps and Balloon
Typical material that is used for Production of Drone Operating System
- 6V Motors – 4
- Fingers Size Propeller – 4
- Transmitter and Receiver in Pairs
- Connecting Wires
- Battery – 3.6V Lithium-Ion
- ESC: An electronic speed controller or ESC is an electronic circuit with the aim to vary an electric motor’s direction, its speed and also to act as a dynamic brake. It converts DC battery power into Three-phase AC for driving brushless motors.
- Battery Monitor: Provides in-flight power level monitoring to the flight controller. Your battery is critical to flying safely. If you fly a drone too far out and your quadcopter runs out of battery then it will either make an emergency landing or will crash.
Operating Principle of drone System
Quadcopter(Drone) is basically a device with an intense mixture of electronic, mechanical, and mainly on the Principles of aviation. It has 4 motors whose speed of rotation & direction of rotation change as per the user-controlled through software or via other modes. The rotation of the motor changes as per the transmitted signal sent from the four-channel transmitter. The signal from the microcontroller goes to ESC which in turn controls the speed of the rotor.
Advantages of UAV
• Doesn’t require a qualified pilot.
• Can enter into any type of environment.
• Drone stay in the air for up to 20 minutes.
• Can be fully programmed to complete the mission autonomously.
• Fixed wings can fly at a very high altitude.
Disadvantage of UAV
• Short Life Battery
• It is quite tough to maintain the same height